Tuesday, November 27, 2012

We are having a baby and Gender Reveal

We found out in January that we were expecting. To put it nicely I was sick sick sick. It was awful and I kept telling Aaron that this would be the last time I was ever pregnant. Adoption here on out...my how you do forget. :) We went in for a blood test and even though we already knew it was confirmed that we would indeed have a little on in Sept. I had morning sickness (All day sickness) for the first 14 weeks. In fact I did not cook or eat out for 14 weeks. I was dizzy, had headaches and low iron. In all I felt awful but my baby was growing like a weed.

Here was our "confirmation" ultrasound. It was crazy but at 6 weeks the tech found the heartbeat of my little "grain of rice". This was not so much a confirmation appt that I was pregnant....this was more of a confirmation or should I say reminder that GOD IS GREAT! What a true miracle.

My grain of rice grew to look more like a baby (with a huge head) at 9 weeks.

Here was our gender ultrasound picture. Of course I wanted to know the sex of our baby BUT I wanted to be surprised as well. So, to make it fun Aaron and I decided to find out but not at the appt. I had the tech write the sex and seal it in an envelope. Aaron and I (we didn't trust each other hehe) took the envelope to a local bakery. We ordered a cake and asked the baker to put either pink or blue icing in the center. We had a gender reveal party that would reveal the sex to not only us but to our friends and family.

The party turned out to be hands down a night to remember. I recommend this to anyone expecting and would do it all over again. My heart was racing with anticipation of what it could be. From day one we said girl but I will not lie....after our ultrasound I started to doubt girl and think boy. 





 Ready to cut the cake and find out what our sweet pea could be!! ITS A................

PRECIOUS BABY GIRL!!!!!! We had names picked out so at that moment we announced that we would be having a little Margaret Garner. Margaret after my mom and Garner after Aarons middle name, his mothers maiden name. We call her Garner but my mom calls her Margaret Garner sometimes.

I barely slept a wink after the party. I was ready to shop shop shop!! All I could envision was Pink, pearls and bows!! I was having a girl!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment